Click the appropriate link below to begin downloading Path2.
Last updated: 23 September 2013, v0.8.
Click here for older versions.
Please refer to the FAQ for further info.
An example of how to format HapMap data for Path2 can be downloaded here.
** Once the download is complete, please unpack the contents of the downloaded archive file and follow the instructions below. Thanks! **
- Download the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment at
www.java.com. (It's a good idea to make sure
the JRE_HOME environment variable is set to its location before running Path2.)
- Please download PLINK from the following website:
http://pngu.mgh.harvard.edu/~purcell/plink/download.shtml and install it
on your machine.
Make sure to include the location of the PLINK executable file in your PATH environment variable.
Path2 supports version v1.07 of PLINK (built 10/Aug/2009).
- Download a Perl distribution for Windows, for example:
(It’s a good idea to test it out after the install by running "perl --version" (without the quotes) from a terminal.)
- You will also need R, which can be found here.
Debian-like Linux (for example, Ubuntu):
- Use a graphical package manager, or: apt-get install openjdk-6-jre perl plink r-base-core
Once you have completed the installation of Path2, we encourage you to try out the tutorial.