- Install and setup Apache Tomcat and MySQL.
- Some reference materials are:
Register, and download SLIMS.war and the MySQL database script.
- Run the database script on MySQL to generate the database structure.
- Deploy the SLIMS.war file on to your Apache Tomcat server by putting the SLIMS.war file directly into your Apache Tomcat’s webapps folder, or by using the manager web interface for Apache Tomcat (usually http://your-server-address/manager/html).
- Edit the file located at “tomcat6/webapps/SLIMS/WEB-INF/classes/hibernate.properties”
- You will need to comment out all the lines in the DB2 section using a “#” sign.
- Uncomment and fill out the MySQL section with the settings you have defined for your MySQL database.
- The username and password will need to be of an account that can access the SLIMS database (setup earlier by running the MySQL file).